Sunday, June 3, 2012

Avery John Notgrass


Avery John Notgrass went to be with the Lord on Saturday. He was 16 months old. He had a severe abdominal infection & had been life-flighted to Nashville for immediate surgery. But the Lord called him home.

"And we know that God works all things work together for the Good
of those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose."
- Romans 8:28 
Please be praying for his parents John & Audra, as well as for his Grandparents, uncles, aunts & cousins. This is a very hard time for them & your prayers are much appreciated. Thank you!

"Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us
an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
"
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 

I cannot imagine the pain of losing one's child. To me, a child departing before yourself verily must the be most painful thing in the world to experience. My heart goes out to John & Audra!

 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death
or mourning or crying or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away.” 
- Revelation 21:4

At times, I find it hard to understand God's Plan for our lives. Sometimes I wonder what God is doing, how He can really use hard things for our Good. But I continue to trust Him, for He has not failed us yet. He truly does know what He is doing.

“'For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways My ways,'
declares the Lord.
'
As the heavens are higher than the earth,

    so are My ways higher than your ways
    & My thoughts than your thoughts...'"
-Isaiah 55:8-9

Rest in Peace, safe in the arms of Jesus- Avery John Notgrass. You will not be forgotten.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no...I cannot tell you how sorry I am. Mercy for the family Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayers. I know the Throwers & Notgrasses REALLY appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so unimaginable what pain it is to lose one child, but I believe this couple has already had to bury a little stillborn daughter as well. What pain this must be to have tried to begin a family and already had to say goodbye to not one, but two babies. May God somehow give them peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. Yes, baby Melody is also in Heaven. I know they're really appreciating prayers right now. I think Audra is pregnant with their third child (Henry) also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. John and Audra,

    I am soooo sad to hear this. Avery was such a bundle of joy. It was a pleasure getting to know him at the Great Homeschool Convention in SC just a few months ago. I can't believe this happened and I can't imagine how you and your family members feel. He's in the hands of the Lord and being raised by His angels now. I pray that baby Henry somehow fills the silence. If there is anything I can do for you, just holler. We don't leave nearby but I'm only an email away.

    Blessings to you,

    Rhea!
    Mother of 10 with 3 in heaven
    Grandmother of 9 on earth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet comment. I'm sure John & Audra will be blessed by it. Thank you for posting. They very much appreciate our prayers. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart breaks for all the parents who have recently lost a child. I had heard about Josh on the news, but it was another matter all together, to see the picture of him right before he passed away. And we take modern medicine for granted so much, that we tend to forget how deadly infections can be. Will pray that God's hand is upon both families as they go through this very traumatic time.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you. Tragic losses like this make us stop, think & evaluate what is important & what truly matters (in the light of eternity)... Thank you for your prayers. I know that both families greatly appreciate it. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete