Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving Day

 Yesterday, I started writing out a list of the things that I am most thankful to God for. I didn't have much time & thought, "Oh, I'll come up with twenty-five things I'm thankful for." Well, God used that time to show me just how merciful & gracious He has been to me this past year. It brought me to my knees in thankfulness & gratefulness to Him! He has been SOOOOO good to me!!!

Below is part of the list (in no particular order). May it encourage you to reflect on the great blessings the Lord has given you this year!

1) God Himself
2) The blessing of a relationship with Him
3) For giving us His Word, so that we might know Him (Acts 17)
4) Salvation
5) Family (loving me no matter what)
6) Friends (who aren't afraid to tell me the hard Truth!)
7) Food!!! :)
8) Still being in a relationship! God is Faithful!
9) Pain with a Purpose
10 (Dancing in the) Rain


11) Spring's flowers
12) Autumn's colors!
13) A job  that pays my bills
14) Hope, in the Storm
15) A future, even when I don't see it at the time
16) The unchanging nature of God's character, His Word & Promises
17) Music!!!!
18) Memories
19) Good books
20) The Countryside! :)


21) Beauty all around me (creation)
22) Relationships
23) Accountability
24) Shelter
25) Undeserved blessings, favor & grace!
26) Wisdom & knowledge
27) Sanctification
28) Late night conversations
29) Long drives & walks in Countryside
30) FREEDOM!!!!


31) Good gifts from above
32) Technology hehehe :)
33) Life
34) Good health
35) God's justice & mercy!
36) Citizenship in Heaven ("This is not my home...")
37) An end to the Pain (Revelation 21:4)
38) Joy
39) Fellowship with fellow believers
40) Dreams


41) A home of my own, someday
42) Inspiration 
43) Nature
44) Flowers (especially roses!)
45) Laughter
46) Sweets! haha
47) Mountains
48) Giggles!
49) Photography
50) Peace & quiet!


51) Simple pleasures in life
52) Smiles
53) Children
54) Unconditional love
55) Passion
56) History
57) Holy Spirit
58) Pilgrims
59) Zeal
60) Godly parents


60) Jesus!
61) His birth, death & Resurrection, that we might be raised "in the newness of life"
62) A Multi-generational Vision
63) Homeschooling!!!!
64) Mom's continued good health! Praise the Lord!!!
65) Adventure
66) New sights, sounds, tastes & smells
67) Trips & vacations to new places!
68) Surprises! :)
69) Pilgrims
70) Martyrs
 

71) The Persecuted Church
72) A family-integrated Church
73) A Pastor that faithfully preaches the Word
74) Mentors
75) Blogging! hehehe

 Be blessed today!

2 comments:

  1. I tagged you, Kate~
    Wasn't sure which blog to tag. ;)
    http://aquamarinedreams.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/liebester-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for the award! Be blessed today...

      Delete