Sunday, May 12, 2013

To Love Like a Child...


Earlier this week, I did something I shouldn't have. I sinned. I hurt those that I love the most. I apologized & repented, but the damage was done.

In the midst of the pain I had caused, a little girl came up & gave me a hug. A hug I desperately needed. But not just any girl. The daughter of one of the families that I had offended.

When I asked her why she did it, she said that "Everyone is acting weird." And she thought I just needed a hug. She was right. And wow. Her love & response floored me. She knew (part of) what was going on & yet she still chose to hug me. Wow. Lord, that we may learn to love like a child!

 "And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them & said,
'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn & become like children,
you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
  Whoever humbles himself
like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 
 
Whoever receives one such child in My Name receives me,
but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,
it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck
& to be drowned in the depth of the sea."
- Matthew 18:2-6 

"Then children were brought to Him
that he might lay his hands on them & pray.
The disciples rebuked the people,
 but Jesus said,
'Let the little children come to me & do not hinder them,
for to such belongs the Kingdom of Heaven.'”

- Matthew 19:13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment