5 Kinds of Hard Things
1) Things that take you out of your comfort zone (taking risks in order to grow)
2) Things that go beyond what is expected or required (pursuing excellence)
3) Things that are too big to accomplish alone (daring & dreaming big)
4) Things that go against the cultural norm (taking a stand for what's right)
5) Things that don't earn immediate payoff (being Faithful & choosing integrity)
Doing hard things are not just for teenagers. We are Called to pursue righteousness, godliness & holiness in all areas of life, in all stages of life. The goal is to become ever more Christ-like. We will never "attain" that in this short lifetime.
What does this look like? How does one do this? By battling complacency, overcoming obstacles, through accountability & mentorship, by raising the bar, stretching comfort zones, pursuing excellence & integrity etc .
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9
There are always hard things to do- things God has pre-purposed for us to accomplish & is Calling us to do in His power, His strength & His motivation. What are yours?