Monday, October 10, 2011

Sowing, Watering & Reaping the Harvest



This morning during my Bible study reflections, God revealed some Truth to me. My friend Megan & I have discussed this in depth recently also, concerning a friend's spiritual state.

God showed me today that I'm not always the One to harvest the seed (in relationships etc). One person may do the planting of the Word in an unbeliever's life, another the watering (through encouragement, right living etc) & still another the actual harvesting.

God alone knows what my role is in this process. It is my job to rest in His sovereignty & actively work in the Role He has prepared for me. He alone knows the heart of a person. He has gifted each person individually. He knows who will interact with them when & what specific Truth will be imparted to them. Do not strive to accomplish a work that might not be yours for the harvesting. Stay well within God's plan for your life. You will be blessed!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9

1 comment: