Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heaven- What Will It Sound Like?

 "What does it sound like/ When you sing Heaven's Song?/
And what does it feel like/ When Heaven comes down?/
And what does it look like/ When God is all around?/
Let it come..."
- Bethel Church Worship 
  We sang this worship song at Church two weeks ago. I cannot get the words out of my mind. I keep running over them again & again. I was listening to it again this evening & these thoughts came to me...
I wonder what Heaven will look like? I wonder what it will smell, taste, feel like? All sorts of questions come into mind, concerning the last days & our new, pain-free, transformed bodies. I am reminded of this verse:
 "‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no
more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old
order of things has passed away.” - Revelation 21:4 
Won't that be glorious?!?!?!?
But then my thoughts moved in a new direction. I am reminded of the first part of the Lord's Prayer-
 "‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 
Let Your Kingdom Come,
Let Your Will be done,
   
on Earth as it is in Heaven."
- Matthew 6:9-10
How are our lives different when God is in control of them? How do we act, speak, think differently? How would our lives look differently if we all lived like we professed to believe? Could we really SEE "His Kingdom on Earth"? What does it look like for His Will to be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven?
In line with these thoughts (Heaven, Jesus' Second Coming etc), I am reminded also of this verse:
"You know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night... You, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief... So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. Since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet." - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-8
Are you ready for Christ's return???

No comments:

Post a Comment