Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh the Joy of Country Living!

So these past few days we have been invaded by a mother raccoon & her 2 kits. And we thought the SQUIRREL infestation was bad!

It doesn't matter what time day or night. They insist on partaking of the free buffet, no matter how many times we scare them away. We can run out there, yelling & screaming, & they're back not even 2 minutes later. And 2 minutes after that. And 2 minutes after that. And 2 minutes after that. (You get the idea)

Mom, being a Mom, felt bad for the VARMINT and her babies and wouldn't let us shoot at them. :(

***Note: I did not say shoot them. I said shoot AT them. Our aim is not that accurate! :) ***


Looking innocent

The mother racoon

Yes, they completely BROKE that feeder. Dad was NOT happy!

All 3 of the varmints


Resorting to the only feeder left that they HAVEN'T destroyed...

We WILL prevail!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Kate! Why didn't you tell me you had a blog? I'm definitely looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just started it yesterday. :) We haven't talked since then! I was going to tell you, I promise! I'll try to post pretty regularly. I hope some of mine are as deep as yours are! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete