Sunday, June 16, 2013

Accountability



"A  lone ranger is a dead ranger."
-
Author Unknown
On Friday, I received a text from a mentor/ friend of mine (see below). It is amazing to me, how keen her "sixth sense" is, how she always texts me at exactly the right moment. God has used her & her family in so many ways to strengthen, challenge & inspire me over the years.

So... On Friday, while I was at work, I received the following text. At the time, I did not see the meaning or purpose of it, but thanked her & the Lord for it & moved on. Last night, the Lord showed me His purpose in giving it to me. Sometimes the Lord gives us wisdom/ knowledge before He presents the challenge. Pay attention!
Below is the text. May you be blessed, strengthened, encouraged & equipped by the reading of it! :)


"Charles Spurgeon says, 'Vain pursuits are dangerous to renewed souls. No Christian is safe when his soul is slothful. When the Christian departs from his God (or His Ways), he becomes spiritually starved & feeds on vanities. That is when Satan lures him away even further.'

My prayer for you is that you feed your soul & cry out like the Psalmist in Psalm 38:21-

"O my God, be not far from me!"

& the wise one in Proverbs 30:8-

"Remove far from m vanities & lies."

Choose Truth, blessing & life OR lies, curses & death. God or Satan. You can't choose both. I am praying that you choose wisely, so your Soul will be filled!"
WOW. How very timely! God is Faithful!


Related posts-

Idolatry
Faithfulness in Marriage
Hindsight
Unrepentant Sin
DO HARD THINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment