Sunday, March 24, 2013

Waiting for GOD to Write Your Love Story


Hello dear readers!

I hope y'all are doing well. I want to apologize for the recent silence on this blog. While I have been more faithful in posting on my photography blog, I have sorely neglected writing on here. In fact, in preparing to write this post, I just realized that I haven't written anything on here since January 17th! Wow.

The fact is that I have not had much time at all to read or write recently. Work was very busy over the Christmas celebration. Then the man of my dreams proposed!!! on February 13. Since then we have been feverishly been making plans for the wedding (this September), house & new business.

But, this morning, I was able to do some reading. I finished the book When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy, which I highly recommend. I read it before (two or three years ago, I think), but I definitely learned a lot more from it this time!

The second half of the book really impressed me. Especially the theme of "waiting patiently for God to bring the right person into your life," of letting Him write your "love story."

I feel like every girl dreams of a "fairytale wedding" from the time they are little girls, playing dolls & house & reading fictional novels. This ideal has been much propagated by the Disney Princess movies. Every girl dreams of her "Prince Charming" to come riding into her life & sweeping her off her feet...

But, when these girls become teenagers, too often they say they are waiting for God to bring the right young man into their life. But as time goes on, they get frustrated with the waiting & decide to take life into their own hands. They start to decide what path they will take. They lower their standards to match the ungodly, worldly guys around them. They compromise. They give away parts of their heart, piece by piece, to each different guy they date. They fall into sin. By the time their "knight in shining armor" does come into their life, they have nothing left to give him.

Ladies, there IS another way. We have been Called to SO much more than this!!! I strongly encourage you to wait patiently for God to write your love story. Put the Pen into His hands & leave it there. Trust Him to write your love story- done His way & in HIS perfect Timing.

Some questions we must ask ourselves are, "Are we content with where God has us right now? Is God enough to satisfy us??? What is the greatest desire of your heart? Is it to glorify God, no matter what? Whether he calls you to marriage OR singleness? What if God's Plans for your life don't match yours??? Whose Plan/ Will shall prevail???"

We must not lose sight of the fact that we are living in purity as an act of love for our King, not just so we can reap the reward of a God-written love story. The only way we can be really happy & fulfilled is for God to fill the void in our hearts. Nothing else will satisfy that "God-shaped hole in all of us"! Remember- "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him in order to find her.":) Focusing solely on Christ & His Path is the only way that you will be absolutely content & fulfilled, single or married.

"Your longing to be with an earthly lover may be overwhelming at times.
But until your heart is consumed with love & longing for your heavenly
Bridegroom, you'll miss out on the greatest love story of all time.
Jesus
Christ is not meant to be our stand-
in until we meet our spouse. Rather, Jesus
Christ is our spouse- our Bridegroom, our Husband, the Lover of our soul. Earthly
marriage is only meant to give us a small glimpse of a much more important marriage:
our heavenly marriage. Our longing to be with our future spouse should pale in
comparison to our longing to be with our true Bridegroom
..."
- Eric & Leslie Ludy, in When God Writes Your Love Story

"Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart..."
- Psalm 37:4

" For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Luke 12:34

Speaking from experience, it is WELL worth the wait!!! :) If you would have told me 8 months ago, that I would meet the man of my dreams within the month, I wouldn't have believed you. Mark came literally out of nowhere, without any help from me or any other human (except maybe Momma Ritter! hehehe). I was not "looking" for a guy & was finally content with where God had me in life. I had (literally!) just put the Pen back into God's Hands, saying, "God, I don't know what You are doing here, but I am going to trust You with this part of my life, because I know You know what to do, better than I do!" And I am SO glad that I did!!!

God's Plans are WAY better than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Speaking from experience, He definitely knows what He is doing!!! :) Trust me, there are still good, godly, strong Christan guys out there. My man is way better than I had ever hoped, expected or dreamed he would be!!! ;) Looking back, I am SO glad that I trusted God with this area of my life. He has blessed me SO much!!! I do not deserve someone as amazing & perfect (yes, I am just a bit biased!!! ;) as Mark in my life!!! God is SO Faithful!

"We serve a big God. It's time to start believing He is capable of bringing a
marriage partner into your life in His own perfect, miraculous way-
and that He doesn't need your help. He doesn't need your fumbling fingers
grabbing the pen back out of His hand & trying to script your own story.

This doesn't mean you remain passive in the process. But your role
is not to frantically search for a spouse & then ask God to bless
your selfishly motivated decisions. Rather, your role is to pray, to
trust,
to build your life around Him, to listen to His still, small
voice of guidance... and let Him take care of the rest..."

- Eric & Leslie Ludy, in When God Writes Your Love Story

"Be assured, if you walk with Him,
& look to Him & expect help from Him,
He will never fail you."
- George Mueller

 Obviously this theme of total surrender to Him & dependence on Him applies to all of life (& not just your love life!)

Speaking from experience, believe me, it is well worth the wait!!! :) Press on, to win the prize! 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Read Part II to this series here- "What to DO While You Wait???"
----------------

Related blog posts to read-

Don't Waste Your Life (January 2013)
Waiting Patiently For the Lord's Timing (October 2012)
Guard Your Heart (October 2012)
Surrendering Our Precious Dreams to God (September 2012)
Walk with the Wise
(July 2012)
Are You a Woman That a Man Would Die For? (July 2012)
Fully Surrendering Our Dreams to God
(July 2012)
Why Modesty? Part I
(May 2012)
What Is "True Modesty"? Part II
(May 2012)
Contentment (May 2012)
 Do Not Give Up! (March 2012)
Contentment (Waiting on God) (November 2011)
Surrendering Yourself to God (November 2011)
Obeying the Voice of God (November 2011)
Do Hard Things! (October 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment